Thursday, 8 October 2015

Dear 15 year old me,

拝啓 この手紙読んでいるあなたは どこで何をしているのだろう ?  
Dear 13 year old me,

Where are you and what are you doing now? For the 19 year old me, life is going on pretty well. It feels like I'm on a tiny boat floating in the rough seas without an ore and without a direction in life. We are only 6 years apart but I want you to know that everything is going to be alright. All those voices in your head telling you that you are not worth it, are only just voices. You are very much loved by the people round you and you should be grateful of everything, and treasure the moments you have with Blaze Curve because everything is going to change in Form 1. 

Dear 14 year old me, 

I hope you are doing well with the class separation. I still remember how sad I was when we were placed in different classes, but we are still in the same school. Form 2 is getting tough, but don't give up. Dear 14 year old me, break ups are not forever. You will find love somehow, but in the mean time treasure those who are with stayed by your side and don't let the negativity affect you. You are better than that and you know it.

Dear 15 year old me,

Why did you neglect your studies? Its PMR year, what happened to the dream of becoming a Forensic Scientist? What happened to your habit of taking notes in class? I thought I told you to not give up you dummy. Dear 15 year old me, I heard you found a new boy in your life? I hope he treats you well, but as I mentioned before.. do not neglect on your studies. 

Dear 16 year old me,

Its time to choose carefully on what you want. You are given the choice to take up Science Stream or Arts, choose wisely I don't want you to regret later on.. You didn't do well for your PMR, but there is still a chance to get back up on feet. So you decided to embrace the Arts? Good for you, I am proud of you. Dear 16 year old me, you don't have to impress anyone but yourself. Do what you love and you will enjoy every step of it. 

Dear 17 year old me,

It's SPM year! You've been working so hard for this day to come and its finally hear. What? He fell for another girl? NO, don't believe the rumors. Don't let it affect you, just ask him. Just concentrate on your SPM, there is no time for other distractions. Maybe venture into a new hobby will help you run away from the pain? I can't promise you anything, you'll have to figure out most things by yourself. Dear 17 year old me, its not the end of the world. Yes, leaving high school is painful but its the beginning of a new chapter. Do not forget the friends you made and left behind, your life is only just beginning. Hang in there!

Dear 18 year old me,

I think you found the right guy, he lifted the pain from your heart. He gave you so much love and comfort but its not easy to fall in love with someone from a different race. Getting all those stares from strangers mean nothing, when you are with him all that really matters is how happy you are. Hey I heard you got a job? That's great, I'm glad you enjoy what you are doing. Dear 18 year old me, sometimes holding on to something hurts more than letting go. Dear 18 year old me, you made it to college. Time to be more aware on what your goals are for the future, sometimes sacrifices have to be made for a better tomorrow. 

Dear 19 year old me,

The sun is shining again and the weather is great now. The wild storms have past, and you finally got to see your rainbow. Don't let your guard down, cause a bigger storm is coming but wait, don't lose hope now. Remember what I always tell you, there will be a rainbow after the storm. Just be patient and sail through the storm cause now you have an ore. You can navigate yourself through the rough seas. Everything will be better very soon, this I promise..

Dear future me, 

If you are reading this, I want you to know that you have been very brave and I am very proud of where you are today. Your family and friends will always love you, just because a chapter ended doesn't mean a new one can't begin. Stay strong, you have been through a lot to be where you are today and I am proud of that. 

拝啓 この手紙読んでいるあなたが
幸せな事を願います。

No comments:

Post a Comment